INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal Data” is information that identifies a natural person.
Information You Give to Us. When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect the following Personal Data and other information from you:
- Contact information (email, phone number)
- Payment information
- Account username & password
- Company name, title, and job function
Information We Collect Automatically. When you interact with the Site, we receive and store certain non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to identify you specifically. We may store such information itself, or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents, or service providers. This Site may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Aggregated Personal Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users, we often conduct research on its customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
Ad hoc Research and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Related Companies”) may also use your Personal Data and other non-identifiable information collected through the Site to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our users, and to improve the Ad hoc Research services.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER INFORMATION
Ad hoc Research does not sell your Personal Data. There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties. Ad hoc Research sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on behalf of Ad hoc Research. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements. Ad hoc Research may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Ad hoc Research, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can use the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain Ad hoc Research services.
RETENTION AND MODIFICATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can correct, update, or remove your Personal Data if it changes by updating your account. You can delete your account through your account preferences.
USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
The Site is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are accessing the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Ad hoc Research takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Ad hoc Research via the Internet.
Consumer Rights Notice. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, Ad hoc Research is required to provide California residents with the following specific consumer rights information:
- This Site is owned and operated by Ad hoc Research Corporation.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, this website is provided without charge.
To file a complaint regarding this website or to receive further information regarding the use of this website, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter at the mailing address listed below. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION; CONTACTING US